We continue a full national operation to get food to vulnerable people during the COVID-19 crisis.
Volunteer with us
Like many charities we rely on volunteers giving their time and enthusiasm to help us fight hunger and tackle food waste.
Do we have the right role for you?
Like many charities, we rely on volunteers giving up their time and enthusiasm to help us fight hunger and tackle food waste. Our volunteering roles range, from driving the vans, or helping to sort and store food in our warehouses.
And the great news is, they get so much from it too! Our volunteers tell us their time at FareShare Hull & Humber helps them build new skills, develop confidence, make new friends, feel like they are doing something great and giving back to their community.
Skills you’ll learn
- Teamwork: working as part of a team of volunteers
- Relationship building: you’ll be building social connections with some vulnerable people
- Time management: you will be required to keep organised and complete orders on time.
What to expect from Fareshare Hull & Humber
- Ongoing support and advice from a Regional Centre.
- Expenses in line with our volunteer policy.
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
- The opportunity to make a difference during a challenging time.
- Training with other befriending volunteers.
- PPE will be supplied if needed.
What’s expected from you
- Have bags of enthusiasm!
- Follow all Fareshare Hull & Humber policies and procedures.
- Attend our induction training course before starting a shift in the warehouse.
- Follow all training you receive when you have enrolled with us.
- Commitment to your shifts is a must.
- Support Fareshare to fulfil its aim of helping our communities distributing surplus food!
Van Driver & Mate
A standard driving licence is all you need to deliver our food once or twice a week to children’s clubs, homeless hostels and refuges in your area. We’ve got the vans, we just need you!
Find Out More
Volunteer in the warehouse to sort the food that we receive from our food partners and pick daily orders for charities. It’s a great way to keep fit and all you need is a sturdy pair of hands!
Find Out More