We continue a full national operation to get food to vulnerable people during the COVID-19 crisis.
Volunteer in the warehouse to sort the food that we receive from our food partners and pick daily orders for charities. It’s a great way to keep fit and all you need is a sturdy pair of hands!
What will I be doing?
Working as part of a team to manually sort and store large deliveries of surplus food, helping to assemble the daily deliveries of food for local charities and community groups.
Making sure the food is within use by dates and handled safely, contacting our charity members to talk through the food we have available to create their weekly food order.
- Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills to record quantities and types of food.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Happy to complete tasks independently according to instruction.
- Adaptable – managing surplus can be unpredictable so day to day tasks can vary.
- Positive, friendly, and enthusiastic about tackling food waste and food poverty.
- Be part of a team of likeminded people.
- Gain warehouse management skills such as a Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene certificate.
- Be at the forefront of stopping good food from going to waste.
- Reasonable travel expenses.